[SOLVED] CMS background colour

Hello,

I'm using Home text editor on my homepage which creates a line of text with a transparent background as I want. However all my CMS pages also have a transparent background, I need them white to make them visible. I'm a complete beginner at all this but I see both the home text editor and the CMS pages call DIv class="RTE" so I suppose are using the same style settings.

Any ideas on how to make my front page text transparent and all the others white.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Vaalie,

open your global.css file ( you can find it in css folder of your theme), find #page voice and add this:

#page { background: #.....; ---> here you can set color of pages with hexadecimal code; anyway, white is #ffffff
             padding: .....px; ---> by padding you can set a "wrap" around your website content; if you don't want it, don't add "padding" voice.
}

Instead, if you want change the color of the other space, over the pages, find html voice (at the begin of your global.css file) and add this:

html { color: #000;
          background: #...; ---> here you can set the color that you want
}
Edited by faxlain (see edit history)

Faxlain, thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately I've tried all that and still had no joy. my site is at www.nonot.co On the home page I have some text in the middle of the page with a transparent background which is great. However if I go to my page that gives delivery information (navigate, connect then delivery) my delivery page also has a transparent background making it impossible to read.

The only thing that seems to change this is:-

#page .rte {
background:transparent;
z-index:-1;
}

If I change this to background colour #ffffff it does change the delivery page white which is great but it also changes the front page text background to white as well which you then can't read???

Thanks for your input but I remain baffled.
Vaalie

Hi Vaalie,

I've noted that you are using a PS not default theme, so it will be more hard help you; but...

I suggest you to set the background color (and/or text-color) as you want for all pages, and after that set a different background color (and/or text color) only in your home page, by adding to your global.css file some specific css rules - something like:

body#index #page {color: #.........; background: #.......;}

("index" is usually the name of home page...) ---> See this post for more detail:

Unfortunately, you are using a not default theme, so it's possible that the css classes names are different in your case...

Edited by faxlain (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Faxlain and Vekia, thank you very much for your help with this. I've finally solved it as follows;-

As suggested I've changed the background colour on all my cms pages

#page .rte {
background:#66cccc;
}

then added to the css file the following which changes the background of the home page only.

#index #page .rte {
background:transparent;
}

simple when you nkow how!!!

Thanks

thread marked as [solved]

you can also mark own topics as solved, here is the instruction:

[sOLVED] Topic
If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.
Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

To mark a topic as [solved] :
- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,
- Click on the "Use full editor" button,
- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

with regards,

Milos

• 4 weeks later...