Help with "reference number" after duplicating product with combinations

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue -

Working with PS 1.5 and I have searched and searched for an answer online extensively so I wouldn't post had I not done that first. I know everyone is busy

I have products with multiple combinations - Media type and then size - no problem when I set up a single product. Matter of fact, no problem even duplicating product. Prices are correct etc. I set up each combination with a specific impact (in other words, not a general impact from the product combination generator). Each is specific.

• The problem is, after I duplicate a product (with combinations) the newly created product reference number on the front end displays the reference number from the original product. Changing the reference in the back end does not change it on the front end. 

• Now, if I open product combination generator - at the bottom I see the correct number however if I regenerate the combinations, the prices are now all messed up

I have a lot of combination impacts that I changed for the original so duplicating and then using the product combination generator just to get the correct new reference number sounds crazy and will take forever.

I am hoping you folks can help with this. I have learned alot from just this forum.

Thanks, Joey

• 2 years later...