Editing Product Reference in back end is wrong on front end

I recently upgraded to 1.5.4 and discovered a bug regarding the "Reference" that you edit on the Product Information tab. Specifically, if your product has combinations and you edit Reference in the back end the changes don't get made in the front end on your product page.

For example, when duplicating a product with combinations the Reference is copied and a Reference field can be found in these two sql tables:

ps_product

ps_product_attribute

However, when you edit Reference for the product under the Catalog > Products > Edit > Information Tab the Reference field is only updated in the ps_product table and it is not updated in the ps_product_attribute table.

Therefore all the combinations on your Product page include the incorrect duplicated Reference and that also ends up incorrectly in the shopping cart.

The same problem even exists when you create a new product with combinations instead of duplicating one. If you later decide to change the Reference it is only updated in the ps_product table and is not updated in the ps_product_attribute table.

So somewhere in the back end coding a change needs to be made to not only update the Reference field in the ps_product table but also in the ps_product_attribute table by finding all attributes associated with a specific Product ID.

I'm hoping someone's noticed this before me and knows a solution but I couldn't find anything when searching the forums. Btw, a similar problem exists with the Quantity field also not being updated in the ps_product_attribute table but I'll leave that for another post.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...