Taxes Help!

did you define a tax for the 'other' state?  PrestaShop (not expert on taxes, yo soy indignado), assuming you only have the CA tax defined, charge tax for CA registered customers.

In other words, I am in Missouri, I buy from the site, I don't expect to pay CA taxes unless the seller has a brick and mortar store in Missouri.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

haha. This is my problem. and all while trying to get ready to comply with new federal tax laws! yes...i will pack up and move to the mountains also. What version are you using? is your previous version able to apply taxes based on customer address?

haha. This is my problem. and all while trying to get ready to comply with new federal tax laws! yes...i will pack up and move to the mountains also. What version are you using? is your previous version able to apply taxes based on customer address?

That is never going to pass...so don't worry...remember our government was organized such that it can not pass laws.  Now if you have a brick and mortar store  (legitimate) in other states then yes you will need to figure out how to have multiple state taxes associated to a product.  There must be a way to do this....but heck if I know.

There is a couple other companies that are backing this crap of a bill because they are or have "brick and mortar" stores in several states. There are also companies popping up like weeds to implement tax calculations to websites specifically because of this law. For now i'll just worry about my current state. I see lots of money to be made by these companies and a module in the works soon. 

ok, add new tax rule, ca mo for Cali and Missouri

tax rules

add new

give it a name, ca mo for example

save and stay

add new tax rule

then select the country and state or states it applies to

I tested with ca mo addresses and it worked perfectly...thanks to bellin13 and this post

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/286008-solvedtaxes-how-can-i-have-taxes-for-california-and-missouri/?p=1441798

• Like 1

I noticed that you gave mo. and ca. the same tax rate. i wish california was that low; it's double that. But yes i applied this new rule and tested with cali and texas addresses at their current tax rates and it worked perfectly! Now i just have to apply this rule to all states if that's the way it's going law wise. I'm curious to know what other presta owners are doing on this "new tax issue". Thanks again!