Combinations question

Hi,

I'm opening a photo print/canvas shop using Prestashop, something that I can't seem to get my head around is the combinations in products.

What I would like to do is the customer be able to select whether they want to purchase a print or canvas using a drop down, then be able to select the size of the print or canvas through another drop down.

I currently have two drop downs; one with the selection of print or canvas and another with print sizes, however, as sizes for print and canvas vary, I'm trying to apply size combinations to canvas, but end up with all the size combinations in the print size drop down.

I've added a couple of screenshots showing the problem I'm having, in the figure 1, the combinations are shown, in figure 2, the drop down options that are shown when canvas is selected where all combinations of sizes are shown even though I only have one combination for canvas selected in combination options.

I hope my questions make some sense.

I look forward to reading solutions to this.

post-720068-0-18484400-1383235693_thumb.jpg

post-720068-0-53912300-1383235693_thumb.jpg

Prestashop displays all the available combinations, but would show a message saying the combination is not available if it doesn't exist.

You can use a module to hide / disable unavailable options similar to http://144aw.presto-changeo.com/product.php?id_product=1 (only 4 colors are available with each disk size, you can set the module to show / hide the options at page load).

The module is available at http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/23-attribute-wizard.html