How to safely remove customer uploads personalisation files

Hi

Please can someone tell me where the files are stored on the database for photos etc that customers upload, assuming it's safe to delete these without destroying other data.  It doesn't take much for these files to get pretty huge on the database so I need to clean this from time to time.

I'm surprised there's no option to delete such files older than a certain date...

thanks

these files (product customization) are stored in /upload/ directory.

you need to change database entries too (remove information about uploaded files)

- ps_customized_data

- ps_customization

before changes in the database, make sure that you've got backup of database!

Thanks for your reply.

Basically I just want to remove the photos /files that have been uploaded by customers, nothing else...

So I delete the files in the /upload/ directory and then clean those two database entries...?

Will any of these changes cause issues with future uploads...  What would happen if I removed the files but didn't change the database entries?  Just interested to know the worst case scenario.

As I mentioned, surely it would have been sensible to include a function in the backoffice to clean out such files...

if you remove these files, everything will work fine.

possible problems:

1) if you will not remove database entries, these files will not be available in your back office (but prestashop will show you them) This is why it is necessary to clean also db, not only files