Display list of products from a category in sidebar

I've spent many hours looking for a way (code, module...) to sort products from a selected category in the sidebar, and I'm unable to find anything. Maybe with an admin panel where select the category and the number of products to show.

Any idea? Code or module?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bision,

last year i've spent a lot of time tryng to do what you're looking for, i used a module, but i was on a 1.4.7.3 PS version....i've seen that the module's developer say it work on 1:5.x too.... check here http://contentbox.org
but i had many categories and for every category i needed a to create a module on their site with the module generator, install them from back office, insert and style all the product links manually with the editor and insert the class i created on the global.css of my theme.....(you need basical html and css knowledge)
then the problem was: all the module i created was appearing in the sidebar, so i've to edit the .tpl of each module inserting a bit of javascript to include only the specified products by their id....this is the code i used, but  you have to try for 1.5.x version;

{if $page_name == 'product' AND $smarty.get.id_product}
{if in_array($id_product, array(93,94,95,96,97,98,99))}
{$content}
{/if}
{/if}

this is only a workaround and also a bit weird method, a lot of work, but it worked for me...

You can see here:    http://www.navyonepal.it  how it works....chose a categories on the right,  select a product, and you can see on the left all the products in that category....for each category different left nav with respective products

Hope it helps

Ariom

Edited by ariom (see edit history)

Thanks for your responses. Ariom, in my case is simpler: I want to display products always from the same category.

What I need is just show a module in Left Column with the first 10 products of a category (for example category 'Cars'). For example, I want to show in the Left Column in the whole site a module with the first 10 products from the category 'Cars'.

I hope I've explained it better now... Thanks again!

Hi ariom, thanks again. It's a quick solution, but I want to display also the product image, name, ecc and get the products automatically from the given category (not manually), also ordered by the category position.

For example, in Wordpress I can get the_loop() from a category, and display it's posts (thumbnail, date, author...) I want to do the same in Prestashop but with the products in a category.

Any other ideas?

• Like 1