[SOLVED] Paypal problem after update to version 3.6.1

SandraDW

After choosing Paypal as a payment method (in the shopping cart) the following error message shows on the screen of my customers: Please try to contact the merchant: PayPal response: ->

I also receive an email with the text:
Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module.
A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:
PayPal response:
> ->

I have contacted the PayPal helpdesk and this is their answer:

An empty error message like this one:

PayPal response:
> ->

tells us that your website is experiencing network connectivity issues and is not able to reach this IP due to the internal configuration of the server and its firewall(s). I can at least guarantee you that your IPs are not blacklisted with us, unfortunately we cannot act on your side of the server.

But my host (Combell in Belgium) says that the Paypal site can be reached from the server, where my hosting package runs, without problems ... They say that the problem is "code related".

I've requested several new API credentials but the problem is not solved.
What is wrong?

Please help.

Kind regards,

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

After choosing Paypal as a payment method (in the shopping cart) the following error message shows on the screen of my customers: Please try to contact the merchant: PayPal response: ->

I also receive an email with the text:

Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module.

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:

PayPal response:

> ->

I have contacted the PayPal helpdesk and this is their answer:

An empty error message like this one:

PayPal response:

> ->

tells us that your website is experiencing network connectivity issues and is not able to reach this IP due to the internal configuration of the server and its firewall(s). I can at least guarantee you that your IPs are not blacklisted with us, unfortunately we cannot act on your side of the server.

But my host (Combell in Belgium) says that the Paypal site can be reached from the server, where my hosting package runs, without problems ... They say that the problem is "code related".

I've requested several new API credentials but the problem is not solved.

What is wrong?

Please help.

Kind regards,

Sandra

Hi, there is a long discussion over this PayPal error with no error code. I saw that you commented on it, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/192145-paypal-error-with-no-error-code/

Have your hosting provider run the script provided in this post, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/192145-paypal-error-with-no-error-code/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1036836

Ask your hosting provider to move you to another IP on a different port. 

• 10 months later...