Problem with many items in cart - drop down runs off screen

Hello,

We are using PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 for a food delivery business (a supermarket style cart) selling fruit and vegtables, herbs etc.

When lots of products (eg 25) are added to the cart and the cart is viewed on shortish pages:

• the top RHS cart "drop down" is no longer scrollable and therefore unuseable
  • and the Cart and Checkout buttons are not visible - they are off the screen down below.

See attached screen capture.

10 seems to be the optimimum number of products to show in the cart for the shortest page on the site.

Is there a way to limit the number of products that are shown in the top RHS cart "drop down"?

Or would you tackle this with css for a maximum height and a scrollbar?

Thanks in advance

post-634419-0-14662800-1381802112_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

I'm having this same issue.

When too many items are in the cart, customers can't edit or checkout and end up abandoning and contacting us over chat or phone, very frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm having this same issue.

When too many items are in the cart, customers can't edit or checkout and end up abandoning and contacting us over chat or phone, very frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hello

can you please shed some more info on what's going on? why customers abandon order process in shop, and continue it via phone? they see some error codes? or what?

Sunnyb0y's example in the original post shows the issue. When there are too many products, the check out button is not visible, and there is no scroll bar, so it just runs off the page. Customers have to remove products from their carts just to be able to see the check out button.

Hi bburke, I think its definitely a design limitation of the PrestaShop cart. Without providing an "overflow" scrollbar, PrestaShop sites with many items in the cart will run into this problem.

The css shown in the second post definitely works in our situation on desktop computers.

To use it: You'll need to edit your shop's css and add that (or similar depending if your theme's html is different) in there - at the bottom might be a good idea so you don't overwrite existing styles. If you don't know how to edit the css file, your web designer or someone in these forums can do it for you. If you would like me to do it for you, send me a PM with a link to your site and I will give you a small quote.

• 9 months later...

I have a same problem with cart dropdown not showing scrollbar at all when there are too many items in cart.

I am running on ver. 1.0.6.14 and default theme.

I tried the code suggested and added in blockcart.css but it does not seem working for ver. 1.0.6.14.

Does anyone have code for ver. 1.0.6.14?

Thanks in advance

Edited by cnpark70 (see edit history)