Issue using USPS module with additional standard carrier

I did several things before I noticed this problem and I'm not sure which one caused it but I'm hoping someone can assist.  

The first thing I did was upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 with the one-click upgrade module.

The next thing I did was enable all countries and zones under localization.

After some research on international shipping I create a standard shipping carrier to use for it since the USPS module doesn't support it.  

The shipping estimate during the 5 step process works fine but when I get to the shipping page it always says no carriers are available to ship to your address. 

I tried the one page checkout and it goes right to the problem of not having a carrier available.

Before I did these things domestic shipping was working great now the cart is basically dead because you can't get past the shipping selection.  

I'm gonna try to roll back to 1.5.5 but I don't really know if it was working there either.  Seems like a problem with having the USPS module and another carrier available. Maybe because they are both valid for the North American Zone.  I'm just not sure. I've attached a screenshot of the one page checkout.  And two more attachments show the shipping estimator working.

post-713373-0-10184500-1381782522_thumb.jpg

post-713373-0-13959200-1381782726_thumb.jpg

post-713373-0-73095600-1381782730_thumb.jpg

I thought there might be an issue with overlapping zones so I created a Domestic Zone and moved the United States and all 50 related states to it.  Then I updated the USPS carriers to only use the new zone and I confirmed the International zone does not have the Domestic zone checked off.  

This did not solve anything.  Preview works better now though because the internal rate doesn't show up for domestic locations, but I still can't get past the shipping section during checkout.  

rolled back to 1.5.5 on the test server and the problem is there too.  Although somewhat different.  It appears domestic address still work.

I've done for few more things to test.  On the 1.5.5 site when I disable all carriers except the new international carrier I get the same problem  The preview works but the shipping page actually says there's no carrier available.  So my theory on having multiples carriers enabled is not the issue at all.   I'm thinking there is something missing from the carrier creation process since the problem happens after making a new carrier. 

This feels like a bug to me.  If a carrier shows up in the preview it should be available on the shipping page. 

Just to recap.  Version 1.5.5 new carriers don't work when they are added.  Version 1.5.6 I can't get any carriers to work even the ones setup by the usps module.  They all show up in the preview well but when the don't work they are not available on the shipping page or section of the checkout process.

Last update for the night.  I was able to roll back the production server to 1.5.5 add the carrier and do the upgrade over again.  That got domestic shipping working again but the new carrier I added still doesn't work when you get to that section on during checkout.  

Here's the production server 1.5.6 http://worck.xclusivesites.com/shop/

Here's the dev server currently on 1.5.5 http://www.xclusivesites.com/prestashop/

I'll probably upgrade the dev server tomorrow and start getting into the code.  I would love for someone to try adding a carrier to their own test site to see if this really is a bug.  I'm fairly certain of it at this point.

Ok I found the problem.  I did not list the new carrier under the warehouse I setup for advanced stock management.  It's working great now. 

I would like to thank you for testing, finding, resolving, and posting your updates even though it does not look that experts offered any solutions. I have been battling this problem with PrestaShop for 2+ months and no one ever provided a solution on "HOW TO FIX THIS HUGE ISSUES" . I am so frustrated with this, I  have started the process of moving my shop to "WORDPRESS", yes, Wordpress! smh

Thank you again and I hope that you continue to share your solutions with such clarity when you come across other problems. If payment was required, your solution speaks $1,000,000 in words. Thank you again.

I have tested your "SIMPLE" solution and it works!

Awesome so glad this helped someone!  

I was obviously struggling with it and felt unbelievably re-leaved when I found the proper setting.  The issue is really that the error message needs to be more descriptive.  It should say "No carriers available from warehouses that stock this product".  Of course there was a bug in 1.5.5 created because there was no error message at all when the carrier was not available in advanced stock management.  Finding that bug is what helped me figure out the issue.  Now in 1.5.6 there is a generic "No carriers available" message which I guess is better than nothing but leaving you thinking there's something else wrong if you forget to add the carrier to the warehouse.

Best of luck to you.  Prestshop is probably too much for some applications but so far I've found it better than what I was using before.  I just wish the usps module supported international rates.  I'm not paying $100.00 for a module if I can help it.