Multiple independent stores

UnderWeb

Hi all,

I hope that's the correct forum to post this question.

I am servicing several stores and would like migrate them all to a single platform. Is it possible for me to install them all on a single web server, while providing each of them a completely independent admin over his store?

Do I need to perform a separate installation for each store? Is a seperate DB required for each store? I would the process of adding a new store as automated as possible.

Thank you!

Hi Underweb,

Depending on your host/package, more domains should be no problem. I myself have 5 domains, and several subdomains running. You can either have each shop in it's own subfolder and run them fully independently, or nowadays, Prestashop has the  opportunity to run "multistore". More info here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

It depends indeed if your clients maintain their shops themselves. You would normally then choose to install each one independently, and have each client have its own admin back office. It is possible to install several Prestashop-shops in one database, by differentiating in Prefix of the tables (like ps_customer, hp_customer, ibm_customer etc.) Not sure if this significantly changes the response time. If you have enough databases, and you don't use multistore, I would go for separate ones.

To "automate" the process a little, you can just keep a copy of a "default" shop, and every time you need to add a shop, copy the files to a new subfolder, change the shop's domain name, modify the path to the files and the database info and you're up and running.

My 2 cents,

pascal

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi Underweb,

Depending on your host/package, more domains should be no problem. I myself have 5 domains, and several subdomains running. You can either have each shop in it's own subfolder and run them fully independently, or nowadays, Prestashop has the  opportunity to run "multistore". More info here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

It depends indeed if your clients maintain their shops themselves. You would normally then choose to install each one independently, and have each client have its own admin back office. It is possible to install several Prestashop-shops in one database, by differentiating in Prefix of the tables (like ps_customer, hp_customer, ibm_customer etc.) Not sure if this significantly changes the response time. If you have enough databases, and you don't use multistore, I would go for separate ones.

To "automate" the process a little, you can just keep a copy of a "default" shop, and every time you need to add a shop, copy the files to a new subfolder, change the shop's domain name, modify the path to the files and the database info and you're up and running.

My 2 cents,

pascal

Hi 

I would be looking to potentially have one multi tenant instance so as many stores as possible each with their own front end web store and each with their own administrative back end. Then this would be easily maintained when PrestaShop release platform updates. My concern would be having many different instances and having to update these individually. 

Who has used or setup something up like this?

My questions would be if anybody could answer them:

1.)What would be the maximum number of web stores to safely run off a single instance? i.e. 10 or 1000 or even 10 000 stores? 

2.)Does each store created share a single DB or does it provision multiple DB instances for each store created?

3.)How would creating web stores in various languages work with this configuration or would it have to be one language across all stores and a separate instance provisioned to cater for another language?

4.) I believe each store must be able to configure their own template logo etc. 

5.) Can additional web stores only be provisioned on sub domains i.e. demo2.mydomain.com , demo3.mydomain.com or can an entirely new domain also be linked i.e. demo2.com in conjunction with sub domain demo1.mydomain.com

Any advice on scaling to these levels would be appreciated.