Blank screen - memcache problems

Hello,

As lots of you did, I also get a blank screen. It used to appear every 5-6 clicks and everytime I used to place an order and after refreshing the page, it would load the correct page. But after I logged out of my FO account, the blank screen appeared and I can't see the site anymore, no matter what I do. I turned on the error reporting and I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in /home/steroizi/public_html/classes/cache/CacheMemcache.php on line 156

Under Advanced Parameters - Peformance, the last option is about Caching and it was set up by default Memcache but I can't change it. When I try to change to file system cache, I get the same fatal error in BO too. I also tried regenerating htaccess file, turned off smarty cache, activated Force Compile, I even copied the original cachememcache.php file from instalation folder ... nothing seems to work. Any advice?

When I try to change from memcache to file system cache, I get this error:

Warning: MemcachePool::set(): No servers added to memcache connection in /home/steroizi/public_html/classes/cache/CacheMemcache.php on line 156

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/steroizi/public_html/classes/cache/CacheMemcache.php:156) in /home/steroizi/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 141

My server does not support MemCache.

Edited by dolphspeed99 (see edit history)

Finally, I managed to fix this, but the problem is far from being solved. After trying again and again, I managed to disable the use of memcache, so under BO Advanced Parameters - Peformance, the last option is about Caching and I turned it off. Then the error would change in frontend to a problem in public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php file, in line 281.

So I turned off smarty cache and everything works ok, no more blank screens.

I copied the file from instalation folder, same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this Smarty Cache tool?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved in the more recent versions of Prestashop? This was my issue a couple of years ago. I am thinking of trying Prestashop again, but I don't want to go through the same exact mess. I do not need and cannot afford a dedicated server, so if that is the only thing that will cure this I may as well find a different shop setup.

What I am looking for is someone who runs Prestashop with no problems on something other than a dedicated server, and hopefully Godaddy because I have had so many failures with other hosts.

Please advise.

• 5 months later...

Similar error here   /home/      /public_html/classes/cache/CacheMemcache.php on line 156

I disabled memcache to file system cache and cleared the cache  (top right corner of the Advanced parameters - performance poge in presta 1.6.0.9 

stopped all blank white screens and and i could update products and save correctly after that.

• 1 year later...