Should i use Prestashop

Hi Every one 

I have been using another cart Solution for the past 2 years, i was hoping to give Prestashop a try as the new version 1.6 looks amazing 

My questions are

is there a Payment extension / module for a Barclays EPDQ ? 

will this be a good cart for a printing t shirt website ? 

my past experience is with Opencart & Magento 

i currently run and maintain several websites from Led Lighting to Printing 

thanks

Hi crissy,

found a module that supports EPDQ. Used to be free, (http://sourceforge.net/projects/prestashop-epdq/)

but they changed into a paid one.

Anyway, maybe have a look: http://www.psepdq.com/en/

About the printing T-shirt website. Can you elaborate on the process a little? Do customers upload their own files, which you then print? how does it work exactly with payments, sizes, etc. etc. Just tell a little more, so we can see if standard PrestaShop supports (most of) it.

pascal

Thank you for the information on the Epdq, i am going to try an LED lighting store with Prestashop for one of my customers.

the information for the T shirt Printing 

Users Upload their art work 
Or add Text in a text box

In a drop down box they select what type of customise they would like 
Plain
Print
Embroidery etc

and each t shirt has its own Size & Colour 

is there such a system where the customer could request a quotation 

Thanks

Hi Crissy,

Looks like that PrestaShop supports the ideas you have, may it maybe in a little rough way.

The upload and customer text can be done using customization fields. It just uploads an image file (but beware, there are some limitations which image file types are supported!!). It doesn't really do anything else with it, so from there it's up to you to process it further. The text can be added here as well. You can either make the upload or text required if you want, but is not necessary. Labels of the text and image field are user definable.

With "attributes", you can let the user define what kind of action it wants fro you. You can define this as a radio button choice or a drop-down list.

Also with attributes, you can define sizes, colours of T-shirts. The 'rough' part may be stock management here. As attributes are normally coupled to stock, I believe, you have to have 'stock' for All your Shirts, sizes, colours (that's logic), but ALSO for your choice of embroidery, print, plain. Not sure how that works out. You should play with that a little! (Or, if you have plenty of T-shirts in all sizes, just split them up over the three types, and re-stock/move stock whenever one of them becomes low in quantity. (e.g. when people buy a lot of Print, you might have to move embroidery stock to print once a while)

Quotation modules: There are a few on prestaStore:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=quotation

No idea how/if they work. Just have a look :-)

Hope this helps,

pascal