Hook on homepage

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in prestashop and i'm learning everyday, but I have a big problem and I doní find the solution.

I want to hook a new module on my homepage (prestashop v1.5.5.0) and I receive always an error saying that it isn´t possible.!?

I don´t know why...

Can someone help me?

Pedro

CMS block doesn't support home hook.

open /modules/blockcms/blockcms.php file

add there this function:

public function hookHome()
{
return $this->displayBlockCMS(BlockCMSModel::LEFT_COLUMN);
}

(insert it right before the last closing bracket: } )

then try to transplant module.

in back office define CMS block attached to the left column - you will see it in home hook then.

• Like 1

It worked and appeared on the home page, but on the bottom.

Maybe I didn´t explain it in the right way, because I meant Home page and were thinking about the left column on the home page, and what I saw is the what is called Home page is only the main content, isn´t it?

As you can see: http:/www.amoravida.pt

Edited by Pedro Pires (see edit history)

It worked and appeared on the home page, but on the bottom.

you can change position of module under modules > positions. Then search for "displayHome" modules list and just drag'n'drop blockcms module to new position (you have to change displayHome modules list - make sure that you changin it - not something other)

Maybe I didn´t explain it in the right way, because I meant Home page and were thinking about the left column on the home page, and what I saw is the what is called Home page is only the main content, isn´t it?

As you can see: http:/www.amoravida.pt

in this case you have to transplant module to the "displayLeftcolumn" position

• Like 1

you can change position of module under modules > positions. Then search for "displayHome" modules list and just drag'n'drop blockcms module to new position (you have to change displayHome modules list - make sure that you changin it - not something other)

Thank u. I knew this step.

in this case you have to transplant module to the "displayLeftcolumn" position

When I try this step, it appears, it doesn´t appear on the left side of the home page, but on all the others. Maybe it´s because of the theme that I'm using.

By the way, to not open a new topic (I searched all around and dind´t find a solution) when a customer register for the first time, the fiel vat_number doesn´t appear. I made it necessary under Customer>direction. It doesn´t appear with the default theme nor my new theme with prestashop v1.5.6