[SOLVED] Problem with sending a local offline site online

Hi,

i need some more help -

i have a new site that i have been working on locally (localhost) on my home pc. I have done almost a months worth of work and tried to upload this site to the web.

The problem im having is after i imported my sql backup from local machine to www location plus the website front page launches perfectly but once i click on a link to view a product the website cant locate the contents and gives and error message about the page.

ie,

-the homepage works fine

-clicking on a specific link defaults to a error page (not found)

-my item images do not display

-offline the site works 100% fine

i have configured my settings file in config and i have set my SEO and URL settings accordingly.

Please advise what this problem can be because i hope i do not have to do all this work again from scratch

thanks in advance

ok,

thanks for the help but i think i solved this problem too.....

what mnust of happened was the sql datastore must of been uploaded wrong or became corrupted etc and was causing this problem with the items and links on the site.

I removed and reloaded the sql database from the local offline site and it started working right away.

thanks for the tips....

just for info sakes what does the .htaccess file actually do for it to may of been the problem???

hello

thank you for information that your store works now, and of course many thanks for your solution

im convinced that it will be helpful for other merchants here

im going to mark this topic as [solved]

best regards