Change default background color in v1.5.5

Hi, I would love to change the background color of my shop to parchment paper. I am a historical board games shop owner. The parchment would fit in with the theme of my store. I am not sure how to do this. I have uploaded the image to my cms file in my directory. I tried the code from before in a another forum, but it did not change the background.

All that I got was a box in the corner that had a question mark in it. The attached file is what I want to use as the webpage background.

I know how to change the background color in Web Expressions 4, but the image will not upload to the web page. Again all that it shows is the box with the question mark in it.

Please help!  Thank you!

Hi jdunnett,

edit file themes/<your theme folder>/css/global.css, find and add the red code (change picture path as appropriate:

/* ************************************************************************************************
generic style
************************************************************************************************ */
body{
font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
color:#222;
}

For example, if picture in <shop root>/img
add "../../../img/nameofpic.jpg" as path,

where ../../../ takes you back to the root, from css ->(1) your theme folder, (2)->themes folder, (3) ->root

pascal