Wrong redirection on 5-step checkout - login, register, guest checkout buttons

mouse1

Hi everyone. I'm struggling with redirection during checkout. I'm working on a testing version of Prestashop 1.5.4.0. This is about 5-step checkout. 

A customer adds a product in the cart, then he/she goes to view the cart detail page. After clicking Next from here the customer gets to a register / login / guest checkout page. All these options were in one page and so not very user-friendly. I changed the layout into tabs as you can see in the pics. 

My problem is with errors.

1) Register - if no e-mail is entered, I get an error message right in the tab (see the pic). This is perfect and this is exactly how I would like to have the other two. 

2) Login - if no e-mail or password is entered, I'm redirected to login/register page outside the order process. The same happened before I changed the layout into tabs. 

3) Guest checkout - if no data is entered, I'm not redirected, but error messages are duplicated and they mess up the whole page. I would like to specify that the messages always appear in the tab rather than outside the tab. 

Would anyone please know what to do with these problems? At least that redirection one. It drives me insane. Thanks everyone. 

post-280884-0-45192400-1380388045_thumb.jpg

post-280884-0-34935600-1380388052_thumb.jpg

post-280884-0-40484300-1380388057_thumb.jpg

post-280884-0-18267700-1380388064_thumb.jpg

post-280884-0-69657900-1380388072_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I have the same problems on a 1-step checkout page, default theme.

What module did you buy for the checkout?

We bought "Supercheckout" module a while ago but we had so many problems with customers not being able to place an order (500 Error, then Paypal payments problems, then Credit Card payments problems). I had to disable this module.

Could you please share what module did you buy and if it works fine with Paypal and Credit Card payments?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi varen, sorry for not replying, never noticed your post. I purchased One Page Checkout PS from http://www.presteamshop.com/ . I had to edit it to suit my needs, but now it's working fine. Never had any problems with PayPal or credit card payments. There were some bugs as well, I contacted the developers and they helped. Maybe try and contact the developers of your module, they should help if it's a paid module. 

I am still using an older version of Prestashop (1.5.4.0), maybe the latest one has a better 1-step checkout. What PS version are you using? 

Good luck and let me know.  ;)