Images not appearing via Product import

Importing Product data via a CSV file. My products have images, so I uploaded them to a folder off my root and included the full path in the CSV - i.e., http://www.domain.com/folder/image1.jpg etc.

The import process works without issue. 

When I examine the front-end of the store, I see placeholder images for the products which point to www.domain.com/20-large/dark-blue.jpg where "20" is the product ID and "dark-blue.jpg" is the image filename.

Curiously, when I examine the back-end Product catalog I find that there are images attached to the products in the Admin/Catalog/Products/Edit panel, with names like www.domain.com/img/p/2/0/20-small_default.jpg (again, where "20" is the product ID.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

OK, now that's even weirder. I went hunting in the root/img/p folder and all the image files are there - it's not an import problem at all, but a display problem.

And, voila! When I switch back to the default theme, all the images show up. It's the other theme (Matrice) that's apparently screwing.

Now I have to fix the damned theme...

I followed your suggestion, Jiten, and while the URLs changed the presence or absence of friendly URLs didn't make any difference. What is different is that, for one product, the default theme addresses the image as "4-large_default" while the bad theme calls it "4-large.jpg"

Not sure why that is, but that is the problem right there - there is no "4-large.jpg" file in the root/img/p folder structure.