Restoring a backup & updating shoppers' info

faazz

Hi,

I'd like to restore my prestashop to a backup which is a few days old. But the website won't have the shoppers' and orders' information that registered during these days. How can this be resolved?

Can I simply import selected tables after I restore my older site? If that's a solution, which tables should be backed up and used to reimport?

Regards,

What exactly are you trying to restore?

Doing a partial restore can be very tricky, as there are many tables that are "connected" to each other.

Your best option would be to create a test copy of the existing site (to make sure you do not mess a live site), then restore the entire backup to a new temporary database, and copy over the data you need from the temp DB to the test site.

Once you confirm it works as you need, do the same to the live site.

Thank you for the quick reply! 

I tried updating the site from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 some days ago using the softaculous in the cpanel. It never got completed. I then updated the 1-click upgrade module and paypal module as well. However, there are some errors showing:

When a customer makes a payment on paypal, it doesn't come back to the order confirmation page. It gives a gateway time out and an error.

The products are showing wrong thumbnails in the backend (frontend is fine).

And moreover the site simply didn't seem to have updated the software as well. So I thought I'd restore it back to how it was before I tried to update. But during this time there were few orders/purchases. We'll lose this information if I restore it. That's what I'm worried about.