Button "update translations" in BO is causing 404 error? Can't translate anything!

Housy

Hi

I'm getting 404 error every time i press the "update translations" button. So i can't even make my own translations.

I had this problem with the previous PS versions and with the new one (PS 1.5.5).

Just don't know what to do  :wacko:

This bug was also reported to PS team almost a month ago - PSCFV-10223, but still no solution.

Is there maybe something wrong with AdminTranslationsController.php file?

Which PHP file controls 404 redirect errors?

Can someone please help me?

Thank you and best regards,

Housy

Edited by Housy (see edit history)

Hi

does it happen in all translation pages (i.e. Front Office, Back Office, Errors, etc)?

It may be a timeout you are facing on your server. Can you try to save on the PDF translation, as it is quite small. If you do not get the error, it may be the timeout.

On the ticket, the user complains just with the BO translations and Installed Modules, which are the biggest ones (+4500 and +3000 respectively on my case), so the timeout theory could make some sense.

You can also try to install a local server on your computer using Wamp (if you are using Windows) and try to save there.

I'm using PS1.5.5 and I have no problems with translation savings, and it was also working for me with PS1.5.4.1.

Locally on Wamp it works like a charm, no problems at all, i can translate everything normally.

But on hosting, i get redirect error one or two seconds after i've pressed the "update translations" button.

Same story with some translation pages (FO, BO, modules), except PDF, errors, fields, and email translations are working!

Could you please tell, how and where can i change timeout settings?

Thanks and best regards,

Housy

Thanks for the link but i'm still getting the same error.

Could you please look at my php.ini settings and tell me, which one should i modify?

My php.ini settings are:

memory_limit = 256M;

max_input_time = -1;
max_execution_time = 300;
upload_max_filesize = 25M;
post_max_size = 25M;
max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;

Thanks,

Housy

The values seem ok, but are you sure your hosting provider is reading this php.ini file?

A way to check is using a php file to read the settings.

I've built this one based on several tips. Just upload to your server (maybe to the admin area) and then access to it using your browser.

If the results are the same as the values in the php.ini file, the file is being correctly read and the problem is coming from somewhere else. If not, the file is not being read and you need to ask you hosting provider to change them for you.

testPHPsettings.php

Edited by PA (see edit history)

Hi again  :)

First of all thanks so much for helping me out, you are the best! 

I did what you said, and i've set everything to recommended but i'm still getting the same 404 error  :(

Please be so kind and look at the picture in the attachment, if i might set something wrong.

What else could it be?

The values seem ok, but are you sure your hosting provider is reading this php.ini file?

A way to check is using a php file to read the settings.

I've built this one based on several tips. Just upload to your server (maybe to the admin area) and then access to it using your browser.

If the results are the same as the values in the php.ini file, the file is being correctly read and the problem is coming from somewhere else. If not, the file is not being read and you need to ask you hosting provider to change them for you.

post-33160-0-17928300-1380142791_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, try to delete .htaccess on root.

The file will be recreated automatically.

If this doesn't work check whether your hosting have mod_rewrite enabled.

If yes, check admin->preferences->SEO & URLs and try to enable disable apache multiviews.

Also, you have suhosin patch enabled. What's your PHP and Apache version (see admin->advanced parameters->configuration information)?