(SOLVED) backup prestashop

Hi do I just backup prestashop by copying all the files on the host server to my pc ?

and backup the phpadmin database ?

When i copy all the files from the host server to my pc sometimes i get a message saying if i want to copy over a file that is already on my pc ? Why does this happen ? as i am copying to a blank folder !!!!

thanks

Edited by hamster88 (see edit history)

to backup your prestashop store you have to:

1) backup prestashop filesystem

2) copy database (export database feature in phpmyadmin) more info here: prestashop database backup

When i copy all the files from the host server to my pc sometimes i get a message saying if i want to copy over a file that is already on my pc ? Why does this happen ? as i am copying to a blank folder !!!!

it might be related to your FTP software, sometimes FTP service is unstable and breaking connection while you downloading some files, after that FTP software trying to download it once again - maybe this is the problem :)

It's almost a universal rule that copying, moving, deleting or uploading many small files proves to be a painfully slow and sometimes unreliable process.

But nowadays, some popular hosting panels offer the possibility of extracting/decompressing a previously uploaded compressed archive (example 1, example 2). If you have such a panel (or a hosting account with shell access, like a VPS or dedicated server), you could locally compress all your PrestaShop (or other web app) files and folders in a single compressed archive, upload this single file to your hosting space and decompress it there. Just try it...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...