Adding newsletter to HTML footer

CrossY

Hi there,

I'm trying to add the blocknewsletter to my footer. I'm using a module that allows me to use simple HTML for my footer, so i've tried adding the following code to the module:

<!-- Block Newsletter module-->
<div id="newsletter_block_left" class="block">
<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Newsletter' mod='blocknewsletter'}</h4>
<div class="block_content">{if isset($msg) && $msg}
<p class="{if $nw_error}warning_inline{else}success_inline{/if}">{$msg}</p>
{/if}<form action="{$link->getPageLink('index')}" method="post">
<p>{* @todo use jquery (focusin, focusout) instead of onblur and onfocus *} <input class="inputNew" onfocus="javascript:if(this.value=='{l s='Your email address' mod='blocknewsletter' js=1}')this.value='';" onblur="javascript:if(this.value=='')this.value='{l s='Your email address' mod='blocknewsletter' js=1}';" type="text" name="email" value="{if isset($value) && $value}{$value}{else}{l s='Your email address' mod='blocknewsletter'}{/if}" size="18" /> <!--<select name="action">
					<option value="0"{if isset($action) && $action == 0} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s='Subscribe' mod='blocknewsletter'}</option>
					<option value="1"{if isset($action) && $action == 1} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s='Unsubscribe' mod='blocknewsletter'}</option>
				</select>--> <input class="button_mini" type="submit" name="submitNewsletter" value="ok" /> <input type="hidden" name="action" value="0" /></p>
</form></div>
</div>
<!-- /Block Newsletter module-->

Of course that didnt work..

Perhaps with embedding? Or CSS styling? Or in the files of the footer module (can't trace where it stores the HTML codes which are entered from the BO)..?

Would appreciate any help!

Regards,

Dave