How to use action hooks?

itps

I can't figure out how to use action hooks. 

For example In order process I have to get info which carrier is chosen for shipping and then write some extra stuff in database if client finish order process.

How can I do that?

uhm...google search works great for me

I think the problem is that the links I sent do not point exactly to what you are researching, though you said you have reviewed all the documenation  on module writing it does have a section just for hook processing..

09.23.2013-07.37.png
http://screencast.com/t/iv1W1KDH

and as I stated earlier on, a good way to learn hooks etc. is to look at modules that come with your ps installation.

Hooks in PrestaShop 1.5 have a new naming scheme, with a situation-specific prefix:

• action. These hooks are triggered by specific events that take place in PrestaShop.
  • display. These hooks result in something being displayed, either in the front-end or the back-end.

Implementing hooks section in documentation show example only about display hooks what I learned already, but I want to change some PS functionality with action hooks and i have no idea with what i have to start.

Of course i could look at some other modules, but i need some step by step explanation, because i am newbie at prestashop modules and hooks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Kezeno, 

Thanks for the very clear explanation, I am writing my own module, and I casually use the  actionValidateOrder Hook.

I follow your indications, and look other modules code, I even use some code an example because they get the same data that I need, well, i finish mymodule and upload to test it.

When I hit the install button I found this error:

Incapaz de instalar con control manual : Class PaymentModuleOverride does not exist

"Incapable of install with manual control : Class PaymentModuloOverride does not exist"

I wonder why?

if (!defined('_CAN_LOAD_FILES_'))
	exit;

class txtstock extends Module
{

public function __construct()
	{
		$this->name = 'txtstock';
		$this->tab = 'others';
		$this->version = '0.1';
		$this->author = 'Myself';
		$this->need_instance = 0;

parent::__construct();

if ($this->id)
			$this->init();

$this->displayName = $this->l('Venta a un txt');
		$this->description = $this->l('Escribe un txt con la última venta.');
		$this->confirmUninstall = $this->l('Esta seguro que quiere borrar este modulo?');
	}

public function install() {
		$this->registerHook('actionValidateOrder');  
    	if(parent::install() == false)
        return false;
		return true;
	}

public function hookActionValidateOrder($params){

}

Into the public function there is more code, but I decide to cut it to test it and even without the public function code, I can't install my module.

I use PS 1.5.3.1

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards

Edited by elgris (see edit history)

• 2 years later...