remove subcategories from Home Tab

Hi 

I'm working on a store right now and have figured out how to display categories on the top horizontal menu

However because they are all under the 'Home' Categories they all show up under the Home tab on it as well.

How can I change this? I just want to have 'Home' but with the current content?

Do i need to change my category hirarchy? There's no option to not select 'Home'

shop.panamalifestyle.ie

Appreciate any help

thanks

I would like to display what's currently there

the image slider and featured products (see attached) I'm not sure how this is built and where to change the options for this.

in the other image I attached is the submenu displayed which I only want to appear in the horizontal menu but not part of the 'home' tab

does this make sense?

post-710187-0-92959100-1379862105_thumb.png

post-710187-0-42467100-1379862114_thumb.png

cschnell, please see attached images and say if that's what you want to achieve.

attachicon.gifmenu.jpgattachicon.gifmenu2.jpg

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

That is what I'm looking for.

A navigation bar with options for submenuing.

I can activate the option maincategory yes/no BUT it don't make any difference.

The shop in development is my third in Prestashop, but the problems with the horizontal bar are annoying and timesteeling.

At the moment I cannot figure out, why start, Ipod and Accessesories are maincategories and NO MORE can be added.

I deleted the Ipod-category out of the list in backoffice/modules/horizontalnavbar... now I cannot see it anymore in the menubar(navbar) AND I cannot reactivate this category.

PLEAAAASE give me a hint.

Best regards from Stuttgart/Germany

Edited by gosewinus (see edit history)

I can activate the option maincategory yes/no .......

I deleted the Ipod-category out of the list in backoffice/modules/horizontalnavbar..

Not sure what you mean by the above statements - are you using a third-party module?

The standard module in Prestashop is called Top Horizontal Menu, with files stored in /modules/blocktopmenu. I'll assume for now that's what you're referring to.

If you select Modules/Modules then find Top Horizontal Menu and click Configure, you get a screen that looks like this:

post-578343-0-81071600-1380089462_thumb.jpg

To achieve what I suggested in my last post, do as follows:

• In the right-hand box, select all entries than click Remove
  • In the section Add Menu Top Link, create an entry using 'Home' as the label and the URL for your home page as the link. When you click Add, a section called List Menu Top Link will appear
  • Then In the left-hand box under Settings, scroll to the bottom & you will now see an entry 'Home' under Menu Top Links. Select this then click Add to place it as the first item in the right-hand box
  • Scroll back up the left-hand box to the Categories section. Here you will see the category structure that you have set up via Catalog/Categories.
  • Select the category you want to appear next to Home on the top menu, then click Add
  • Do this for each category you want in the top menu, in the order you want them to appear
  • When the right-hand box has all the entries you want in the top menu, click Save
  • Now check on your website that the top menu is as desired.

Cheers, Dave

Not sure what you mean by the above statements - are you using a third-party module?

Hi Dave,

many thanks for your quick response.

Thirdparty: yes - biosany (prestashop)

I did (accept "Start") what you suggested.

And I added some links too.

My blocktopmenu now looks like this:

menustructure.gif

As you can see, under Kategories there is only a root (without any folders/categories)

Only "choose product-ID".

The site is:

http://www-flair-mehr.de/ps

Please click on "Geschenkartikel" then you will see two Subs BUT not as dropdown.

What is wrong with my menu?

Best regards

toni

Hi toni,

It's most likely to do with the way you configure the Biosany theme. I don't use that theme so I don't know how you configure it. Maybe you should only configure biosany and leave the default top horizontal menu alone.

Certainly you should not have to create menu top links in order to link to your categories (and I suspect that's why you don't see a dropdown for Geschenkartikel)

So maybe you have to remove all the entries in the right-hand box in config page for the default Top Horizontal Menu module, and just concentrate on the config for Biosany. There is only a front office demo for that theme, so I don't know what the back office config looks like.

Sorry if that's not very helpful.

Sorry if that's not very helpful.

Hi Dave,

OK, thanks for your assistance.

I guess, I take the menu without submenus.

I can't figure out why the dropdownmenu is faiiling.

I did all the settings for the Biosanytheme.

Is it a bug or is it a feature?

Too much time spend on this theme. I'll quit for the moment and I'll fill the shop with products.

Again. Thanks for so far.

PS. The link to Jacaranda should be without /gb, otherwise you'll get a:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

Best regards

toni

hi dave 

sorry somehow never saw this until now

I want what you showed in Home 2. tried the suggested solution from you but then get a 404 error? I want to have the same look that i have now with the slide show and featured products ( that doesn't work correctly either). Currently I use the Home (My Store) option under the categories.

Also the other thing I don't want is to show the categories on the pages only the products.

any idea?

thanks

hi dave 

sorry somehow never saw this until now

I want what you showed in Home 2. tried the suggested solution from you but then get a 404 error? I want to have the same look that i have now with the slide show and featured products ( that doesn't work correctly either). Currently I use the Home (My Store) option under the categories.

Also the other thing I don't want is to show the categories on the pages only the products.

any idea?

thanks

Hi cschnell,

When you say 'Home 2', do you mean the image menu2.jpg in my earlier post?

Did you follow all the steps in my post #9? Can you clarify when exactly you received the 404 error - what did you click?

The 'other thing' - which pages do you mean; and the categories you want removing - where are they showing now?

HI

yes I meant menu2jpg. The 404 error message comes up once I've saved the changes in the top menu editor and go to check the 'live' version of the website. I assume because there's nothing actually linked to the tab in terms on content? 

The second issue arises on any of the other top navigation menu items such as Make up for Facial care etc

Hope this makes a bit more sense?

with my second question

on say the Make up page it displays the subcategories on the page as well as the products (see image)

I want to remove either the categories or the products from the category page that you get to from the menu

so if you click on Make up in the Menu you will see either just the category listing OR the all the products in this category. whatever is easier to achieve

Thansk

post-710187-0-62972000-1380970244_thumb.png