Dynamically update total shipping in cart summary

Amazzing

Hi,

In shopping cart summary page, the total price is updated dynamically, as you change the number of items. 

But the total shipping price doesn't seem to update this way.

It is only updated after page refresh.

So, my question is, how to make total_shipping price update dynamically, the same way as total_price is updated?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that I was talking about total_shipping update after changing state.

I have different shipping prices for each state. 

I have done some modifications to one page guest checkout, and it is essential to update total_shipping after changing state, before clicking save button.

something like: 

$('#id_state').change(function(){
 //update TOTAL_SHIPPING			
});	

What would be the best way to acheive that?

Edited by Amazzing (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

- On Cart Summary, "Total Shipping" is misleading.  I think it would be best to remove it from here. 

- Also on Cart Summary further down: "Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes"  I change the country, enter postal code and hit "Update cart" It refreshes and goes back to some default: United States, Alabama.  And the Total Shipping above is never affected.

When you change "State" upon updating delivery address, the shipping cost in block shipping methods will be updated automatically according to the shipping fees for the selected "State" AFTER all changes are saved.

Before the changes that you made to the delivery address are saved, the shipping cost won't be updated, because actually the data of delivery address has not been changed.
You can develop a new system with ajax, to display shipping fee when updating/selecting "State"

e.g shipping fee will displayed in the right side of the "State" select box, with change() function

In this phase, no data has been changed yet, but your customer will known the shipping cost for the selected "State"

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)
  • Like 1

When you change "State" upon updating delivery address, the shipping cost in block shipping methods will be updated automatically according to the shipping fees for the selected "State" AFTER all changes are saved.

Before the changes that you made to the delivery address are saved, the shipping cost won't be updated, because actually the data of delivery address has not been changed.

You can develop a new system with ajax, to display shipping fee when updating/selecting "State"

e.g shipping fee will displayed in the right side of the "State" select box, with change() function

In this phase, no data has been changed yet, but your customer will known the shipping cost for the selected "State"

gonebdg...I've been following this out of interest.  This seems more of a bug than an improvement, yes?  And if yes I would  a forge report be in order?

• 3 months later...