administrator

wielki

I created some new profile: employer, employee so I have got:
Administrator
employer
employee

And I have added for employer access to admin site 'Employees site' and he can...... turn off log in for Administrator (and maybe even delete Administrator).

I think this isn't good solution ;] Admin is admin - this is the most important person and nobody should have the right to turn off log in or delete admin.

In PrestaShop, every employee is an employee, even the members of the Administrator profile. If you don't want that an employee who doesn't belong to the Administrator group to be able to disable the Administrators, you'll have to remove them the Edit and Delete rights on the Employee tab.

But you are right, should be better that things would happen like you say...

still good enough, you can still achieve what you want with the current system.
Admin will always have access to the database itself from the back end, and can add himself at anytime straight to the database if something goes wrong. what is the problem

Hi wielki,

It is batter that system should behave automatically as you said. But Prestashop gave a lot more than we all know.
If you are creating another profile then you should give them proper permissions which belong to them.
If a group called "Employer", should not have the rights to edit or delete administrator then you should Create a Profile and then by Permission tab gave them the proper rights. It is amazing. If you want that certain tabs should not appear in-front of some group you can even manage that by just assigning Permissions to that group.

Taara:
"If you are creating another profile then you should give them proper permissions which belong to them.
If a group called “Employer”, should not have the rights to edit or delete administrator then you should Create a Profile and then by Permission tab gave them the proper rights. It is amazing."

lol Taara, I have tested it again in prestashop 1.2.2 and you are wrong - it isn't possible.
I have hope that it will be possible in new version of prestashop :)