Adding themes - How do I implement a new theme

you can do it in many ways, the best and easiest is to import theme to your store.

just use theme installer module: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/1713-template-installer.html

it's free addon and it's a part of default installation.

if your theme (that you downloaded) is a exported theme package - you can easily import it with module mentioned above

ok cool. So I downloaded what I believe is an exported theme package - a free t shirt template from another website. So now that I have this theme istaller module, how do I use it to import my new theme into my website. This 'module' looks like a website to download templates, not exactly sure how to use it for already downloaded templates. 

Ha, thank you. I am ready for more questions! having trouble installing new T shirt template.

Right now I am in the installer module, and assuming I am suppose to import Template folder in the "import from computer" section. But I don't know which file to import. I tried importing the whole file, with all the different files inside, called Leo_shirt_v15x, but it is showing error. I am assuming that I need to find a file inside this folder and import.  Do you know in general what I should look for as a title for the file that gets imported to activate T shirt template module?

• 1 month later...