eBay Module for Australia needed

ozcad2

Hi

Is there a solution for an eBay module for Australia?

Thanks

Craig

Contact these guys. Ask them if their module would work for you Down Under. 

http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/paypalpayments-advanced-module.html#product_tabs_review_tabbed

Let us know what they say.  I am still trying to understand why there are so many different geographic-specific Paypal modules.

Brian

Contact these guys. Ask them if their module would work for you Down Under. 

http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/paypalpayments-advanced-module.html#product_tabs_review_tabbed

Let us know what they say.  I am still trying to understand why there are so many different geographic-specific Paypal modules.

Brian

Hi Brian

I am after the eBay module not the PayPal one. Does the vendor also do an eBay module?

Regards

Craig

• 10 months later...

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why the current module wouldn't work for Australia (or any other country) - just add AU to the list of codes and definitions at the top of EbayCountrySpec.php (Australia is site_id 15 clicky) and copy gb.pgp to au.php for the translations..

I have tried this path and with these two mods you can get it to install and work beautifully except ebay won't accept the shipping service types. I think that must need to be customised for Australia. So I wrote to the module creators 202 ecommerce saying I got it all installed and only the shipping won't work and got this response

"Hello Jon,

We thank you for your interest in our module.

Sorry but the module is not compatible for Australia.

Regards,

Keith"

I have tried this path and with these two mods you can get it to install and work beautifully except ebay won't accept the shipping service types. I think that must need to be customised for Australia. So I wrote to the module creators 202 ecommerce saying I got it all installed and only the shipping won't work and got this response

"Hello Jon,[/size]

We thank you for your interest in our module.

Sorry but the module is not compatible for Australia.

Regards,

Keith"

Hello bricksnmortar,

If you are considering about paid solution we can provide your free trial version for 10 days.

Have a good day!

Ok for those of us who are interested in an ebay module for Australia the free module at this time just needs to be modified in the next version to pull down all of Australian ebay's shipping options, present it as a drop down and you could then select which ones you want to offer from a list. It may need to be mapped to the shipping offerings on your site as well. Since that appears to not be in the pipeline there are a few options

• $199 USD - The Prestabay module by Involic
  • $199 + $119 - Store Manager for Prestashop + the ebay module
  • 150 Euros - Ebay Modulo by Prestalia
  • Free ebay module by Prestalia but only works for older versions of Prestashop
  • Or see if I can get someone to modify the free module (I offered to pay the creators 202ecommerce but they don't seem so keen)

So which one to choose? As soon as the free module works for Australia the Prestabay version at $199 becomes a bit of a white elephant considering how expensive it is. If it was $99 I'm sure they'd sell a lot more and it could then be viewed as an acceptable writeoff when the free one comes on line (I'm assuming it will because it needs only very small mods).

So that leaves the decision on whether Store Manager functionality is worth it. If one thinks it is then the ebay module is only $119.

Edited by bricksnmortar (see edit history)

So which one to choose? As soon as the free module works for Australia the Prestabay version at $199 becomes a bit of a white elephant 

Thank your for your suggestion regarding price. We will look close for our pricing policy.

In case you find someone that ready to modify free module. Bellow you can find list of data connected to ebay.au (all of this values is json string)

Payment methods:

[{"id":"MOCC","label":"Money order \/ Cashier's check"},{"id":"PersonalCheck","label":"Personal check"},{"id":"VisaMC","label":"Visa or Master Card"},{"id":"AmEx","label":"American Express"},{"id":"COD","label":"Cash On Delivery"},{"id":"PaymentSeeDescription","label":"Other - See item description"},{"id":"MoneyXferAcceptedInCheckout","label":"CIP"},{"id":"PayPal","label":"PayPal"},{"id":"IntegratedMerchantCreditCard","label":"Integrated Merchant Credit Card"},{"id":"CashOnPickup","label":"Cash On Pickup Accepted"},{"id":"MoneyXferAccepted","label":"Money Transfer Accepted"}]

Shipping Location:

[{"id":"Americas","label":"N. and S. America"},{"id":"Asia","label":"Asia"},{"id":"NZ","label":"New Zealand"},{"id":"CA","label":"Canada"},{"id":"US","label":"United States"},{"id":"Worldwide","label":"Worldwide"},{"id":"HK","label":"Hong Kong"},{"id":"DE","label":"Germany"},{"id":"Europe","label":"Europe"},{"id":"GB","label":"United Kingdom"},{"id":"JP","label":"Japan"},{"id":"None","label":"None"}]

Shipping package (used for Calculated Shipping)

[{"id":"PaddedBags","label":"Padded Bags\/Satchels"},{"id":"ToughBags","label":"Tough Bags"},{"id":"ExpandableToughBags","label":"Expandable Tough Bags"},{"id":"MailingBoxes","label":"Mailing Boxes"},{"id":"Winepak","label":"Winepak"}]

Flat Shipping List:
Edited by Involic (see edit history)