[Solved][Paid Job Offer] Troubleshoot js/ajax issue in shopping cart

surferboy

Hi -

I am using 1.5.5 and the default theme.

Using both css and transplant the module, I have moved the cart block from the header to the right column.  (That may be the problem, that the cart is hidden but still in the header)

Anyway, the cart does not refresh properly in the right column and it takes a 'page refresh' to show the update to the cart and the contents.

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian

Hi -

This is what I currently have enabled for positions for Cart Block:

Pages header - 1 Module  [This hook displays additional elements in the header of your pages] (Technical name:displayHeader)

Right column blocks - 1 Module  [This hook displays new elements in the right-hand column] (Technical name:displayRightColumn)

Top of pages - 1 Module  [This hook displays additional elements at the top of your pages] (Technical name:displayTop)

I did what you suggested and that DOES resolve the ajax functionality but then the cart disappears from the top of the right column as soon as move my mouse over any other block in the right column.  I had experienced this before.  The only way to keep it visible all the time is to restore the displayTop.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by surferboy (see edit history)

Thanks to the quick work of one of the Prestashop experts, this issue has been resolved and I happily sent payment for services rendered.

For those who have 1.5.5, you can't just assign the block cart to the right column in the Modules -> positions

Apparently, in previous versions of Prestashop, you could just do that.  With the introduction of 1.5.5, the ajax-cart.js was not coded the same and some manual code rework was required to resolve the issue.

-------------------

To the moderators: could you mark this topic as resolved?

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by surferboy (see edit history)