PS 1.4 Custom theme - can't change top menu

Sagie

Hi,

Trying to configure my PS 1.4 custom theme. I want to edit the names of the categories and add more main categories to the top horizontal menu. However, after I've read a lot of topics here, most of the answers is to go to Modules->Top horizontal menu. I do not have such a thing in my modules, and nothing similar to this. How this can be done?

Thank you.

post-577583-0-63900800-1378740969_thumb.png

For now there's only partial solution, that Vekia and I have found.

There's no way in my version to work with the top menu via back-end office.

So, in order to change the top menu names of the categories, you should go directly to the file in public_html->modules->tmheaderlinks->tmheaderslink.tpl 

In this file you can change the names of the existing categories and add another categories to the top menu.

You can also move the categories you don't want on the top menu to the bottom menu by cutting the not wanted line and pasting it in public_html->modules->tmfooterlinks->tmfooterlinks.tpl.

Though I am still not able to figure out how to assign a page to this new link in the top menu. I am trying to open it via Tools->CMS in the back office, but it's not working. I also tried to make some changes via files directly, but it's not working either.