[SOLVED] new breadcrumb sticking way out to the left - my account links

Hi -

I'm posted a number of related topics about what I did to the breadcrumb.  It looks great on the category and product pages.

But when you click on the 'My Account links, like the main landing page, or the 'My Orders' page, or the 'My Favorites' page, the breadcrumb seems to have lost its absolute positioning and shifted to the left.

Here is the css for my breadcrumb code in the global.css file:

.breadcrumb {
position:absolute;
top:-39px;
left:-212px;
padding-top: 5px;
margin-bottom:10px;
margin-top:1px;
font-size:14px;
background: #EBF4FA;
width: 960px;
height: 20px;
}
.breadcrumb .navigation-pipe {
  margin:0 3px 0 5px;
  margin-bottom: 10px;
 }
.breadcrumb img {
position:relative;
top:1px
}

any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Okay, there has got to be a more elegant way to resolve this mess.

My solution:

Copy and paste the breadcrumb css into a line just below the original breadcrumb css, and call it breadcrumb1 css

Then I went into all of the templates and sub templates for My Account and changed the name of the breadcrumb file to look like this:

{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb1.tpl"}

Then I reuploaded all of the template files, and situation resolved.

There is one huge catch in doing this: suddenly all of the active links in the bread crumb have stopped working in the My Account section. Previously, they were working.

I am hoping the Prestashop developers catch wind of this issue and it as a bug.  It is not at all clear how I can report this issue to the Prestashop developers.  My first try at contacting them resulted in a friendly but blunt email to go jump in the forums and leave us alone.  I CANNOT wait to relay that to the Prestashop folks at the meet and greet in Los Angeles in two weeks.  I think I will bring a video camera to record it.............. :angry:

Brian

Hi -

I am using version 1.5.5

I am a newbie so no upgrades. Started  fresh with 1.5.5

Oh, and for others who are reading this topic and wondering why I needed to create a new breadcrumb1 css code and then go through all the hassle of changing the file name in the templates, I had to do it because the only way to resolve the mess was to change the absolute position of the breadcrumb.  You'll see that in the above breadcrumb position it shows 'left: -212px'

Well that worked for the main page and many of the other pages but in the My Account section, it caused the breadcrumb to stick way out to the left.  So I changed the position to 'left: 12px'

Oh, and then as I began doing more testing and running an order through the shopping cart, same thing ... all of the order templates had to be changed as well. Oy!

Brian

Edited by surferboy (see edit history)