My Module page is broken.

ShanM

To cut to the chase, I may have done something terribly stupid which has messed up my module page.

I have PrestaShop V 1.4.4.1. Yes, I know it's outdated, but if it ain't broke don't fix it lol.

Anywho, my version of the Canada Post module appeared to be "broke" as it was not show up during the check out process. I have configured it on the Canada Post end as well as in the back office. That being said, I went searching for a fix and came upon this topic - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/145262-canada-post-shipping-module-5-seconds-delay/?do=findComment&comment=714782 and a download link to Canada Post 0.8. I decided to try an upgrade hoping it would solve the issue out-right.

I tried to upload the downloaded ZIP file it in the back office. Now my module page is no longer showing any modules... Was I supposed to unpack the file before trying to upload?

What are my options for fixing this?

Thank you to anyone who might be able to give me some insight. 

post-281510-0-10977400-1378418446_thumb.png

open: config/config.inc.php

find this line
@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

change to look like this:
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

then open modules page once again - you will see error code

then - paste it here, it will be really helpfull

Didn't realize I would get a reply so quickly! Thank you =)

So this is what it now says.

Warning: require(/home1/ksplus/public_html/Shop/classes/backward_compatibility/backward.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home1/ksplus/public_html/Shop/classes/Module.php(551) : eval()'d code on line 68

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home1/ksplus/public_html/Shop/classes/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/ksplus/public_html/Shop/classes/Module.php(551) : eval()'d code on line 68

Ah, my module page is back after removing canada post :) Thank you very much, that was quite worrisome lol.

But, where do I go from here? Should I fully upgrade my shop and is there a free/default version of canada post with the new versions? I've read that with the newer versions of PS your only option is to pay 75$ if you want to buy the module from the forge, this being the main reason I want to stay away from the upgrading part....

The Version I had was included in my version of prestashop,

The version I attempted to upgrade to can be found here - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/145262-canada-post-shipping-module-5-seconds-delay/?do=findComment&comment=714782

And then there's the 75$ version that I may have to get as a last result - http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/shipping-modules/73-canada-post.html