Cannot remove pop up description text when hover over category block

Hi i am using Prestashop 1.5.5 multistore. I am unable to remove the description text from popping up when hovering over the categories in the left column. I have tried all the steps recommended in other topic posts. I have......

1. Changed (title="{$node.desc|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}") to (title="" ) in modules/category-tree-branch.tpl and themes/category-tree-branch.tpl

2. Manually cleared all files in cache/smarty/cache and cache/smarty/compile except index.php

3 Cleared smarty cache and forced compilation in BO

4. Cleared Browsing data.

5 Uninstalled and re-installed categories block.

Done all that but still the hasn't stopped it from happening. I have also tried it on a different computer and it is the same. Is there anything i am overlooking?

• 1 month later...

as far as i remember this topic was solved, 

correct path was themes/default/modules/blockcategories/catagory-tree-branch.tpl

so you've got right, this is an override. more information about overrides you can find here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Overriding+default+behaviors#Overridingdefaultbehaviors-Overridingamodule%27sbehavior

this is an official prestashop documentation page, everyone with similar issues: enjoy it! it is worth to spend some time there to learn about prestashop

with regards,

Milos

• 7 months later...

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I can't seem to help myself out of this problem too. Changed several .tpl already but the title attributes still persist... I am using a free template called blackhawk1.2, and they placed the category-tree-branch.tpl in the main directory. What else can I do?