Search is not working after activating Friendly URL

ggupta77

When Friendly URL is not enabled search is working fine but when I am activating friendly URL, search is not working and it is showing page not found error.

Also I'm getting this message at Friendly URL

"URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod."

I asked my hosting company (godaddy) if the mod_rewrite option is turned on and they confirmed.

Please help me out.

My website URL is www.fonegallery.com

Edited by ggupta77 (see edit history)

other pages with friendly urls works well, so it mean that your mod_rewrite is enabled. You don't have do worry about that, this message means that your server is safe and php script can't check server configuration - this is how safe host should work.

can you try to change rewrite url for "search" page under preferences > seo & urls tab in your back office?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

have a look on the search.php file inside the classes, if you have some programming knowledge that might work. Be sure that you have not changed anything in that file.

Hi Guys, 

What exactly should we look for in the code [search.php]?  I am having this issue as well.

I am also having this issue.  When friendly urls are activated, the store search stops working.  I have already tried Vekia's suggestions but just like ggupta77, was not successful.

Thanks everyone!

Prestashop version 1.5.4.0

Edited by Frankie84 (see edit history)

Hi Guys, 

What exactly should we look for in the code [search.php]?  I am having this issue as well.

I am also having this issue.  When friendly urls are activated, the store search stops working.  I have already tried Vekia's suggestions but just like ggupta77, was not successful.

Thanks everyone!

Prestashop version 1.5.4.0

Hello Again, 

My issue with the store search not working when friendly url's is turned on has been solved.  

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10823?focusedCommentId=78987#comment-78987

• 1 month later...