[SOLVED] Creating Virtual Products doesn't disable shipping options

I've searched high and low for a solution to this issue. However, I have yet to find an answer. When I create a "Virtual Product" in the back office, when the user goes to check out, it still includes shipping options. This seems silly as it's a virtual product; thus, there would be no shipping options. It's also very confusing for the user.

I have tried everything I can think of but cannot find a solution. I have included screen shots of a newly created Prestashop site, right out of the box, to show the problems.

If anyone has a solution, it would be much appreciated. This is the newest version of Prestashop, 1.5.4.1.

I've found various threads on this very topic around the internet but no solutions. Only people saying that they "can't replicate" the issue; therefor, there is no solution.

Thanks in advance.

post-681427-0-67533100-1377567050_thumb.jpg

post-681427-0-52015500-1377567056_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobbything (see edit history)

Hi there,

Have you tried with fresh install of PS 1.5.4.1 ? I check on my end, and there isn't any shipping option for virtual product indeed.

Sorry to hear this again "can't replicate" :)

Can you give more detail about your shop, whether you have additional shipping module installed?

Or can you share the link to your shop?

cheers.

Thanks for the reply, sws. This actually was a fresh install. About 20 minutes ago. I backed everything up and reinstalled. I haven't installed any shipping modules.

However...your comment gave me an idea. I checked and I didn't have the "Shipping Estimate" module disabled. So, I went and disabled it and viola!, no more shipping options,

So, indirectly, you solved my problem! Thanks sws! I feel kind of stupid now, but at least it's fixed.

Edited by bobbything (see edit history)
  • Like 1