Is it possible to change the UPC code from 12 to 13 digits

Because we sell products from both Mexico which uses a 13 digit UPC code and the USA which is 12 we would like to be able to enter both in the UPC text box for items. Is it possible to change the length of the entry so that it does not truncate the 13th digit? This would be preferable to us than entering the Mexican UPC in the EAN13 slot as a European code.

Hi, just like the latitude / longitude size problem http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/269436-longitude-field-error-i-can-not-enter-my-google-map-location/page__p__1347972#entry1347972

the upc size is coded inside PS class variable, and not configurable.

You need to manually change the size setting

classes/Product.php line 260

'upc' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isUpc', 'size' => 12),

change the size to whatever number you require.

Please see the latitude / longitude topic first for details about using override folder and removing cache/class_index.php

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Hi, I know this topic is old, but if somebody have this issues with ps 1.6.1.18 need change too those files:

\classes\validate.php
public static function isUpc($upc)
    {
        return !$upc || preg_match('/^[0-9]{0,12}$/', $upc);//change 12 by number you choice
    }

Change too in: \class\product.php y en combination.php

'upc' =>array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isUpc', 'size' => 12);//change12 by number you choice

Good luck!