Product filter problem

Hi

When I'm on these category pages I see the filters (Color, weight, manufacturer, price range etc.) on the right column:

ipods and laptops

..../index.php?id_category=3&controller=category

..../index.php?id_category=5&controller=category

But on this category I cant see the filter on the right column:

accessories

..../index.php?id_category=4&controller=category

On admin what page controls that filter is displayed in some categories but not on some others?

And also I need my site display filters on every category page and also every product detail page. How can I do that?

..../index.php?id_product=1&controller=product

Thanx I appeciate whoever helps me out on this.

Hi,

I also would like to add a product filter and not sure if there's a way to do it.

For instance, on this page http://reflectiveoffice.co.uk/operator-chairs/icon-plus.html I want to be able to select a fabric type (Pyra or Omega Plus) and then the fabric colours attribute only display the relevant values.

eg. Select Pyra fabric and only the Pyra fabric colours are shown and not the Omega Plus.

Is this possible or can it only be done with a module?

Many thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

Problem here is, there is no sequence (i.e. 'priority') in attributes. To make your case work, you should be able to tell the program that you FIRST want to select attribute X (fabric), and then LIMIT attribute Y (color) accordingly. This isn't the case.

You would also have the following problem:

if you first select the fabric, then the color, that would then work. But if you change your mind and find the color MORE important than the fabric, you cannot select the colors that are not related to the chosen fabric. You would have to add a fabric option <SELECT FABRIC> where then all colors would be shown or so.

Summarized, if you need 'prioritiy' in attributes, that must be custom built. I don't know of a module that does this already.

My 2 cents,

pascal.

Ozgur,

In Modules->Modules, find the layered Navigation module

Scroll down a little, and you can change settings:

In step 1/3 you can choose if you want the Layered Navigation only for SOME categories, or ALL. Choose as desired. If not all, choose the categories that needs it.

post-455771-0-43128000-1378136072_thumb.jpg

for product detail page is layered navigation not available,because you only have one product in the first place.

hope that helps,

pascal

• 2 months later...

Ozgur,

In Modules->Modules, find the layered Navigation module

Scroll down a little, and you can change settings:

In step 1/3 you can choose if you want the Layered Navigation only for SOME categories, or ALL. Choose as desired. If not all, choose the categories that needs it.

attachicon.giflayered filter.jpg

for product detail page is layered navigation not available,because you only have one product in the first place.

hope that helps,

pascal

Dear Pascal 

Can you please tell me why filte is not seen in my  index page 4everwine.com i can see it when i choose a product 

merci d'avance