Hello.

I would like to add some more complex static pages to my shop. I know that this can be done via CMS functionality.

I was wondering if I am able to create various templates for CMS post categories or single posts as in Wordpress or Drupal? If so how shall I name these .tpl files and what is the template hierarchy?

Also, I'd like to add a content that consists of repetitive entries. A single entry would contain some text, short title, additional text and photos. Is there any way to add fields with this content in back office and template(e.g. photo field, text field).

I am new to Prestashop so I'm sorry if the question is silly. I was searching documentation but couldn't find a specific answer.

you can't do this by default. You can achieve this but only with modification of the engine (especially CMS controller).

You will need to check the id_cms GET variable (in controller) then depending on the value of this parameter - load the appropriate template file

• Like 1

Thanks for reply vekia.

I'd prefer not to modify the engine as there may be some difficulties with updates.

I can also split page in two systems: the proper CMS and Prestashop but this is not very elegant solution.

What do you think?