Delete double name input in checkout

zapmore

Hello!

I have attached a image of my guest checkout and as you can see, there is 2 fields for the customers name. I want to delete or hide the top one and also move the email address to a more logical place. How can I accomplish this?

I tried to delete the lower name fields in "localization->countries->fields" but then the system complains "please fill in your first name and last name".

Who can help me with this?

2s6kdj4.jpg

you can define address format under the localization > countries tab

near the active country click edit button, then you will be able to define which fields you want to display

This is what I did, but if I take away "first name" and "last name", the buyer can't continue because prestashop gives error message that there need to be a first and last name... This is why I thought it would be better and easier to take away the first and last name in the first section instead.

in this case go to the classes/Customer.php

and remove required => true from object definition:

'lastname' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
  'firstname' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),

do the same in classes/Address.php

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

in this case go to the classes/Customer.php

and remove required => true from object definition:

'lastname' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
   'firstname' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
do the same in classes/Address.php

I believe this removes the fields actually being created as well? I would like for both 'first name' and 'last name' to appear only once on my checkout. I have the following setup:

Email

Password (no guest checkout option)

First name

Last name

First name

Last name

Address

Etc.

I would like for the account AND default address that the system uses only 1 field for this in the checkout, currently this is double.

order-opc-new-account.tpl currently looks like this:

<p class="required text">
<label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" onblur="$('#firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.customer_firstname}{$guestInformations.customer_firstname}{/if}" /></p>
<label for="lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" onblur="$('#lastname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.customer_lastname}{$guestInformations.customer_lastname}{/if}" /></p>

{elseif $field_name eq "firstname"}
<input type="text" class="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname}{$guestInformations.firstname}{/if}" /></p>
{elseif $field_name eq "lastname"}
<input type="text" class="text" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname}{$guestInformations.lastname}{/if}" /></p>

I tried adding the 'value' fields to the other ones, but one gave me an error and the other did create the order, but then the accounts first/last name was 'Undefined'.

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

I think I solved this by adding a type=hidden to the address creation:

<input type="text" class="text" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" onblur="$('#firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.customer_firstname}{$guestInformations.customer_firstname}{/if}" />
<input type="hidden" class="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname}{$guestInformations.firstname}{/if}" /></p>

<input type="text" class="text" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" onblur="$('#lastname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.customer_lastname}{$guestInformations.customer_lastname}{/if}" />
<input type="hidden" class="text" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname}{$guestInformations.lastname}{/if}" /></p>
  • Like 1