[SOLVED] Front office won't load after changing cache settings

For some reason that now escapes me, I thought it would be a good idea to activate caching in Advanced Parameters > Performance. Apparently I didn't have Memcache, APC or Xcache installed so none of the options worked. I deactivated the caching however now the front office won't load, Firefox just keeps showing the message:

"The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I've tried every solution I can find on here from disabling the "redirect to canonical URLs" to regenerating the.htaccess file to enabling/disabling friendly URLs but to no avail. The site worked absolutely fine before I stupidly messed with the caching. Anyone know what happened and how to fix it? I'm using version 1.5.4.1. I've checked the error log in cpanel but there are no errors showing.

Thanks.

Edited by T-bird (see edit history)

Hi, when you click "Add to Server" it actually may add files to your server, if it does not have the supportive caching systems, it will probably give an error.

The best thing to do would be to reinstate the backup of your mySQL database and PrestaShop files. Also, you should contact your hosting provider first because they may be able to delete the additional files or just reinstate your store to how it was before.

Brilliant, that was the problem! I ftp'ed to the site and checked the time stamps on the files. The most recently altered file that I hadn't changed myself was the index.php file in the root folder. I reloaded this from my local copy and that sorted it.

Thanks very much for your help Benjamin.