[SOLVED] Configuration is not found

Hello

I'm a newbie user of prestashop and I have a problem with uploading a new theme, I've read documentation, tutorials and other information I'd found on google, but I can't resolve that problem by myself.

I'll explain... I could upload with FTP the new theme called Element and it appears in backoffice as a eligible theme with the default one. But when I select the new theme and click save, an error message appears: "can't access to configuration file". I guess it means it can't find config.xml, but in myprestashop/themes/element/ there is a config.xml

However, the default theme have a config.xml too and I can't select that because the same reason (can't access configuration file)

My prestashop version is 1.4.1.0 and the theme I want to include is 1.2.5 version. Maybe is there my problem, are they incompatible? Maybe I have to upload my version of prestashop?

I don't know what do anymore, should anyone help me, please? Thanks

themes.zip

First of all, thanks for you quickly answer :)

I read the information in that link and I have some questions...

If I understand correctly, there are two ways to install a theme:

1) upload my theme in the folder /themes with FTP

2) upload my theme in the folder /modules/themeinstallator/import

Which way is better? Or I must upload my new theme folder in both places?

Hey ;)

Sorry i forgot to activate the notifications of reply ^^

Installing using the Theme Installator module

This is the recommended method, as it preserves all the blocks' positions on their respective hooks.

The "Import/export a theme" module is a native module, and should be installed by default. This is a special module that enables you to import a theme and install it (and its attached modules), or to export a theme and its modules from your shop in order to share it with the world.

Find this module in the module list (in the "Modules" page), and open its configuration screen. This screen presents you with 3 methods to install a new module: from your computer, from a public website, or from your own FTP server. It also gives you a method to export your module in a correct format.

That's the method i'd recommend. However you can upload the zip file inside /modules/themeinstallator/import and go on the module's configuration page. U'll then be able to install it.

cya