[SOLVED] Parsererror when adding product to cart

Hi

My site runs already for a few years, but this morning I've encountered a strange problem.

When I try to add a product to my cart I get the following error: technical error: unable to add the product. Details: error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest] ; Text status: parsererror (see file attached)

The only thing I've changed this morning was a small test with changing the order process type and guest checkout. I've changed it back to the original values after, but the problems stays. I must admit that I didn't try to add product before I made the changes, so I don't know for sure if the changes I've made have anything to do with it.

Very strange: I only encouter it with IE and only on my laptop. In Chrome on my laptop everything works fine, also in IE on my desktop no problem. I've cleared cookies and history from IE, also reset advanced options.

I would like to add the solution to this problem on my FAQ.

Any ideas why I get this error?

I'm using PS 1.4.0.17

Link to site: wijnshop.dewijnmakelaar.eu

Thanks!!

post-251675-0-21168200-1376996700_thumb.png

I've already cleared all modifications, cache, history, ... from IE. Your comment about plugins got me thinking...

I've found the add-on that causes the problem: DAP download accelerator. My brother installed this ages ago and I've already encoutered issues with this program. After disabling it everything worked fine. For some reason it was enabled again.

Thanks for your fast reply and test!

• 3 months later...