Need Help Importing Products with CSV Import

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a very difficult time importing products with CSV import tool in prestashop 1.5.2. I keep getting the following error:

Property Product->name is empty

Any thoughts on what could be causing this problem? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Juli

Normally, prestashop uses a semicolor for the delimiter and a comma for lists like category id's.

If you want to use commas and bars "|" respectively then the categoryids should look like ...,2|14,.. not ...,"2,14",...

I think you are using bars because the image URLs have a bar as the list delimiter. If this isn't your intention then you've got a problem there.

There may be other problems as well. It is required that there be names for every product. So if one of your products is missing the name field it may be causing at least some of the problems.

Edited by RogueWaveLimited (see edit history)

Normally, prestashop uses a semicolor for the delimiter and a comma for lists like category id's.

If you want to use commas and bars "|" respectively then the categoryids should look like ...,2|14,.. not ...,"2,14",...

I think you are using bars because the image URLs have a bar as the list delimiter. If this isn't your intention then you've got a problem there.

There may be other problems as well. It is required that there be names for every product. So if one of your products is missing the name field it may be causing at least some of the problems.

Hi again. Thanks for the tip which I've seen left reference to just one image. However, still experiencing problems. I still get the product name empty error as following:

4 errors

1. (ID: 1,1,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 7 Inch Bracelet,"2,14",98,0,24.5,0,0,0,0,0,B01003G-C01,B01003G-C01,jgoodin,jgoodin,B01003G-C01,B01003G-C01,0,0.25,82,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 7 Inch Bracelet,Delicately adorned�with clear round cut CZ in a glowing goldtone prong setting our 7 Inch Victorian tennis style bracelet is classically designed for ladylike intentions. An effervescent piece for the simpliest of gals. 14k Bonded Gold is achieved using an electroplating process that coats the item with heavy layers of 18k Yellow Gold and color-treated to a perfect 14k Hamilton gold color.,"Goldtone, Victorian CZ Tennis, 7 Inch Bracelet, jewelry",Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,0,0,1,8/16/2013,1,http://images.jgoodin.com/D/B01003G-C01-1-lg.jpg,0,0,1,0,glitzhex) cannot be saved
  2. Property Product->name is empty
  3. (ID: 2,1,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 8 Inch Bracelet,"2,14",76,0,19,0,0,0,0,0,B01003G-C01-8IN,B01003G-C01-8IN,jgoodin,jgoodin,B01003G-C01-8IN,B01003G-C01-8IN,0,0.25,10,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 8 Inch Bracelet,Delicately adorned�with clear round cut CZ in a glowing goldtone prong setting our 8 Inch Victorian tennis style bracelet is classically designed for ladylike intentions. An effervescent piece for the simpliest of gals. 14k Bonded Gold is achieved using an electroplating process that coats the item with heavy layers of 18k Yellow Gold and color-treated to a perfect 14k Hamilton gold color.,"Goldtone, Victorian CZ Tennis, 8 Inch Bracelet, jewelry",Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,0,0,1,8/17/2013,1,http://images.jgoodin.com/D/B01003G-C01-1-lg-01.jpg,0,0,1,0,glitzhex) cannot be saved
  4. Property Product->name is empty

@Jujuv03 i don't see any header etc. you removed it ?

Active (0/1),Name*,"Categories (x,y,z...)",Price tax excl. or Price tax incl.,Tax Rules ID,wholesale price,on sale,Discount amount,Discount percent,Discount from (yyyy-mm-dd),Discount to (yyy-mm-dd),Reference #,Supplier Reference #,Supplier,Manufacturer,EAN13,UPC,Ecotax,Weight,quantity,short description,description,"Tags (x,y,z…)",meta-title,meta-keywords,meta-description,url rewritten,text when in stock,text when backordered allowed,available for order,product creation date,show price,image URL,delete existing images,Feature(Name:Value:Position),available online,condition,ID / Name of shop

1,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 7 Inch Bracelet,"2,14",98,9,24.5,0,0,0,0,0,B01003G-C01,B01003G-C01,jgoodin,jgoodin,B01003G-C01,B01003G-C01,0,0.25,82,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 7 Inch Bracelet,Delicately adorned with clear round cut CZ in a glowing goldtone prong setting our 7 Inch Victorian tennis style bracelet is classically designed for ladylike intentions. An effervescent piece for the simpliest of gals. 14k Bonded Gold is achieved using an electroplating process that coats the item with heavy layers of 18k Yellow Gold and color-treated to a perfect 14k Hamilton gold color.,0,Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,0,0,0,1,8/16/2013,1,http://images.jgoodin.com/D/B01003G-C01-1-lg.jpg,0,0,1,0,0

1,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 8 Inch Bracelet,"2,14",76,9,19,0,0,0,0,0,B01003G-C01-8IN,B01003G-C01-8IN,jgoodin,jgoodin,B01003G-C01-8IN,B01003G-C01-8IN,0,0.25,10,Goldtone Victorian CZ Tennis 8 Inch Bracelet,Delicately adorned with clear round cut CZ in a glowing goldtone prong setting our 8 Inch Victorian tennis style bracelet is classically designed for ladylike intentions. An effervescent piece for the simpliest of gals. 14k Bonded Gold is achieved using an electroplating process that coats the item with heavy layers of 18k Yellow Gold and color-treated to a perfect 14k Hamilton gold color.,0,Bracelets,Bracelets,Bracelets,0,0,0,1,8/17/2013,1,http://images.jgoodin.com/D/B01003G-C01-1-lg-01.jpg,0,0,1,0,0

Removed the ID field as RogueWaveLimited suggested but I'm getting the same error. :blink:

can you please help.

Thanks,

Juli