Show a list of products on the homepage

sactonet

Hi, I'm trying to display a list of products from a certain category on my homepage.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to add an html module and include something like "index.php?id_category=938&controller=category" in an iFrame, but then it shows the header/footer of the website and looks messy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to maybe use an override, or module so that I can define a category or certain products to show in a LIST? (with a little product info, add to cart button, etc.)

Also, I've used featured products modules before, but they're almost always in block format, plus I'd like to just define a certain category of products to show up anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hi, Paul. Very nice module, but I'm looking for something in a list instead of a grid because we'll have some websites with only a few products. I can manually put a list together with html, but it's nice to have it pulled dynamically for image, price, description and add to cart buttons.

But thanks for pointing me to that module, I haven't really found one yet that pulls from a specific category instead of just "featured" products. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to display a list of products from a certain category on my homepage.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to add an html module and include something like "index.php?id_category=938&controller=category" in an iFrame, but then it shows the header/footer of the website and looks messy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to maybe use an override, or module so that I can define a category or certain products to show in a LIST? (with a little product info, add to cart button, etc.)

Also, I've used featured products modules before, but they're almost always in block format, plus I'd like to just define a certain category of products to show up anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

is there any free module for display list of products from a certain category on my homepage???