Mutlistore user error help

Hi All,

I had a second store setup, then created hundreds of products.

I was having some other problems, so I deleted the store. So then the products disappeared.

So i checked the database and noticed in the products table there were still there. So i manually changed id_shop_default from the deleted shop to the active shop. problem being that now the products dont show in the admin backend under any store.

Any help appreciated.

Rudi

Hi Rudeone,

It's probably something like this. (Not fully sure if mySQL supports this process, but many database do):

When deleted, they may still be visible in the table itself, but 'marked' as deleted for efficiency reasons. They are not selected in queries, as they re marked as 'not being there'. A pack-command throws them really out.

So, changing the shop to the other shop (with officially no products any more) will not show the products, as they are not selected in the display-queries.

In my opinion you'd better change back the id_shop_default to the original shop, so at least you can use that one as before.

My 2 cents,

pascal

Hi Pascal,

I tested it by deleting a large amount of data and then had a look in the database and it does delete it immeditely.

So i dont think thats it.

Any case, Monday my hosting company will restore from a back up.

Lesson learned !

Rudi