Help - Shipping - Carriers - Payment option

I am setting up a shop. I am having a lot of problems getting the carries to show. I get this message when I try to go check out No carriers available for the address "home".. It will also display "free shipping." I have went through all the products, made sure I had the carrier selected, I have checked the zones, and still haven't had any luck. I am using the PayPal US,Canada module, and the payment option is not in the shopping cart. I have tried reseting it, but I haven't had any luck.

I am completely new at this and do not know all the computer lingo, so please keep that in mind when you respond. I need some help in making the shopping cart functional.

thank you

Edited by Kentucky (see edit history)

I am going to assume that your using 1.5.4.1 and the default theme.

Are you using a carrier module like USPS or creating your own, did you check the carrier by editing it and checking what zone was enabled within the carrier.

The Free Shipping is the way Prestashop has set the default for the cart this can be changed in translations, Localization, Translations Front office translations, scroll down and find shopping cart and change the translation to your liking.

For Paypal are you sure you entered all the info correct, in the modules page go to payment gateways and make sure that Paypal shows a green check.

I am using the most current version of Prestashop.

I am not using the carrier module USPS or any module for shipping. I created my own carriers and enabled the zones. At one time, everything was working fine.

Paypal was also working when I first used it, but now it is not. I am getting a green check when I configure Paypal.

It is not the default them. It is something called bootstrap. Early on, it worked fine. I'm sure I did something, but I cannot figure it out now. If I switch to the default theme, will I lose all the products and categories I've added?

No all products and categories are stored in the database not the theme, try switching to the default theme and see if it works.

I take it you have done some customization's to the bootstrap theme.

You could try and upload the theme again using ftp to overwrite the files, you will loose any customization's you have done but it also may cure your problems.

I finally figured the shipping issue out. The USPS module was installed but not configured. I still have an issue with payment. I am using the PayPal module, US, Canada. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled, and it still says, "No payment method is available for use at this time"

• Like 1