[SOLVED] Out of Stock size causes Add to Cart button to disappear + Price $0 in Category view

I am posting this as [solved] just in case anyone else has this issue and is searching.

Also, vekia are these considered a bug that should be submitted as a bug report do you think?

-------------------------

Issue: "Add to cart" buttons disappearing on product page.

The add to cart buttons disappearing were due to the lowest size being out of stock and still being listed on the product page causing the add to cart button to disappear...

FIX:

On... Preferences > Products

Make sure... "Display unavailable product attributes on the product page" is set to "No".

(Is this a bug that should be fixed if people who want to display out of stock sizes but can't because of this issue?)

---------------------------

Issue: Products showing as $0 Price on the category view page

Fix: It appears that if you create a product with the lowest size at 0 quantity it will cause the price to show up as $0 on the Category view page. I deleted the combinations on the product page that had zero quantity and the $0 price on category view issue was fixed.

(I'm wondering if this is also a bug that will appear again once the stock of the lowest size gets to zero)

You may also want to look into other threads that discuss "Layered Navigation" module with regards to this $0 price issue but I used the above FIX to solve my problem.

EDITED TO ADD: The $0 price randomly came back on the Category view for some products...I disabled "Layered Navigation" module and the $0 price issue was fixed...so there is a bug in the layered navigation module causing the prices to randomly break and show as $0 on Category view.

Edited by DrewCrew (see edit history)

Hi DrewCrew, lets discuss this a little further.

The Add to Cart Button was grayed out by default? Even though you had stock in other sizes? Is this at the product page itself or at the product listing page?

I was not able to reproduce these issues that you were having. However, it is nice to see your fixes that may help other users understand some preferences. So thank you! :)

On the product page the add to cart button disappeared completely if the lowest size had zero quantity, even if the other sizes still had various quantities left.

The $0 price was only on the Category view when a product was listed with various sizes and the lowest size had 0 quantity.

The $0 price randomly came back on the Category view for some products...I disabled "Layered Navigation" module and the $0 price issue was fixed...so there is a bug in the layered navigation module causing the prices to randomly break and show as $0 on Category view.