Add to cart/Alternate Site Integration

Hello,

I'm fairly new to PrestaCart, and have developed a website for a friend of mine, but they are requesting a rather interesting request, I was wondering if you have any ides for me.

I am currently remaking this website: breederbase.com, and while my client would like to use what I've created, he'd also like to integrate the current site for older customers who'd like to use it along with the new site I've created.

Essentially the concept is as follows:

On this page, you see the table where prices are listed.

http://www.breederba...om/WhelpingBox/

The corresponding products are listed on my (current) test site here:

http://cannontestsit...roller=category

The goal he's asked for is essentially this:

When clicking on the table on the original website, it uses the add to cart option from the new site, and displays the cart on the right side of the old site with totals so customers can shop that way, much like a physical store. After the total is added up, pressing the checkout will take the customer to the check out gateway on the new site.

Essentially this would be a cart widget with corresponding add to cart links to the table prices on the old site, to be displayed on the old site for those who do not want to use the new site.

Is this possible, and how would I accomplish it?

My knowledge of PHP is minimal, and usually only for troubleshooting issues, though if this is a simple things to do, which it doesn't seem to be, I can integrate it just fine.

EDIT: If this isn't possible, any alternative recommendations would be nice. I have said it's probably a good idea just to trash the old site, but my client's boss doesn't like change, so apparently we're running both.

Edited by Maelodic (see edit history)