orders not always posting back to site

Until today, I thought it was just moneybookers that was the problem with orders not posting back to the site properly, but it's happened with PayPal as well, so now I suspect it's a problem with my installation but not sure what to change.

I'm using 1.5.3 Is there anything different with regards to this issue in 1.5.4 that I can change without a full reinstallation? (as don't want to do a full upgrade right now).

There was something I changed. I added the following code to classes/Mail.php around line 246

if (empty(Context::getContext()->link))
Context::getContext()->link = new Link();

as I read that this fixes a problem that affects Moneybookers. It did semi-fix the problem because before this update no orders were processing, but since the update, some orders are going through.

Something strange, however many times I test orders via PayPal or Moneybookers, I can't replicate the problem (I'm always using Firefox or Safari) -I doubt it's a browser specific thing, but that's all I can think of...

Any help on this problem, would be appreciated -or if someone can advise on the parts of PS that were updated in 1.5.4 that I could manually change that might overcome this issue (if it's something that's common to 1.5.3).

Thanks

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...