Help please - Cannot log in

chriskernaghan

Hello all.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this one.

I've literally just installed Prestashop, looks fantastic, but for whatever reason I cannot log into my admin account. The details themselves were e-mailed to me, so I know they're correct. Whenever I enter in my e-mail address and password I get the following error message.

There is 1 error :
authentication failed

Anyone any idea as to what the problem is? I'm quite the novice at this, as I've never used it before, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

Edit: I seem to have posted this in the wrong section, most likely because I came from Google. Sorry.

go to your phpmyadmin (you can access this from cpanel in most cases)
find your database.
locate the employee table
browse it, and see what email you entered (you can change the email address there if it is incorrect)
the password there cannot be changed or viewed because it is encrypted MD5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi: I have been locked out of my back office and can not get any help as to how to get in. My user email and password have been changed. All contact data has been changed in the web site giving my personal email addresses. I have also been deleted as "employee not known".

Is there any one who knows how to get rid of this hacker or to suspend my web site until i can get in.

June ps. My domain host has been great in helping me with all else to make it secure with them.